Last Night: ELLE Style Awards




So as you know, the ELLE Style Awards took place last night. Many, many lovely people attended including the beautiful Christina Hendricks - with her adoring husband in tow - Florence Welch, Eddie Redmayne, Naomi Campbell, Isabeli Fontana and Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley (who, by the way, is a species OF HER OWN) and Christopher Bailey - creative director of Burberry - who presented Eddie Redmayne with his award.



But it wasn't all glitz and glam. As part of team ELLE, I waited out the dinner and performance by Professor Green with Emeli Sande, along with the rest of the press team, in eager anticipation. Armed with our dictaphones, we waited patiently until 10pm when the stars finally started filtering through. 


I can't reveal who I interviewed, (if you want to know, then stop being a cheapskate and buy the april issue) but I can tell you that it was an absolute pleasure to see the lovely Mary Katrantzou again - I met her for the 'In The Studio' feature of ELLE Collections - genuinely one of the loveliest and most talented women I've met. Florence Welch, who was sporting a slightly darker hair colour, carried off her Erdem outfit with aplomb. The shy and unassuming lead singer of Florence and the Machine was sure to get her striking hair picture perfect, while Isabeli Fontana (6th image from top) contemplated the most effective way of hiding her apparently bulging belly. ('Good God', her publicist and I sighed, 'if Isabelli thinks she has a belly, what hope is there for the rest of us?!')

And did I mention that Alexa was just 'hanging' in the press room for ages? PLUS, I can exclusively reveal Alexa's secret to surviving red carpet events; BRING SLIPPERS! As Alexa walked into the press room in her navy blue slippers, I wondered if I'd missed something. But alas, the Louboutins joined the Stella McCartney trouser suit once again as she popped next door for a quick snap with out photographer, Francois.

And then, of course, there was the ELLE team. Here I am, in the image above, with our little princess Charlie (Byrne) who was so beautiful in her dreamy D&G tulle dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment